How to repair stone chips

Posted by ΔЍđяǾΨ!đ

The stone chips if not repaired in time will cause corrosion like in the first photo. That's why it's good idea to repair stone chips as soon as they appear. This one, near the headlight in the second photo is not corroded yet, so I'll try to repair it. The car is clean and dry and I have all I need: the matching spray paint ordered from a dealer and a sharp wooden stick (a toothpick will work as well). After shaking the spray paint very well for a few minutes, I spray very small amount into the cap. Now, I dip the end of the stick into the paint in the cap. 

Stone chip on the car doorStone chipTouch-up paint


First, I'm trying to repair another stone chip in a less visible area to practice. Very carefully, I'm trying to barely fill up the chip without letting the paint to come out. It works. Now I'm doing the same with the chip near the headlight. Now it looks much better and it won't be corroded.
Repairing the stone chipRepairing the stone chipRepaired  stone chip