How to remove paint marks left by other objects

Posted by ΔЍđяǾΨ!đ

This mark on the door was made on the parking lot when someone opened the door a bit too wide. If you look very closely it's actually green paint residue over original clearcoat. The clearcoat itself seems to be damaged only slightly. I'll try to remove this mark. All I need for this is ultra-fine 1500-grit or 2000-grit waterproof sandpaper (the higher number stands for the finest abrasive), polishing compound containing mild abrasive (I used the Turtle Wax) and a car wax. Very carefully (I don't want to remove the clearcoat) I sand the marks with wet sandpaper (use only ultra-fine waterproof sandpaper) until all marks are gone. If you have never done it before, try on some small spot to see how it works first. 

Paint marks on the car doorSanding the mark with fine sandpaperSanded spot


Now there is no mark, but the clearcoat has lost its shine; I will use polishing compound to make it shiny again. I put small amount of the polishing compound onto the damp sponge and rub well until the clearcoat becomes shiny again.
Polishing compound and a sponge applicatorApplying polishing compoundPolishing with the sponge


Last step, I wash out all the polishing compound and buff the area with the car wax. Now, all that's left from the paint mark is a barely visible dent.
Car waxWaxing a carPaint mark removed